Dental Surgery Course: Want to become a dental surgeon? If yes, then this content will be very useful. BDS & MDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery & Master of Dental Surgery) respectively are the two educational and professional program in dental surgery course which we will discuss. And one owns the title of ‘Dr.’ after completion of BDS. However, scope of dental surgery course is quite good in all over the world. It may be regarded as an equivalent to MBBS as, one always needs to get her/his teeth checked!
Dental Surgery course, if done, would be beneficial in both, in terms of money as well as scope. Population is increasing day-by-day; hence, tooth problems is increasing simultaneously at a very rapid rate. In fact, job prospects are also good as compare to other career opportunities.
Dental Surgery Course:-
The Dentist prevents, diagnoses and cures to all dental and related diseases.
- 10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (50% marks)
- National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET)
- 4 year academic education (BDS)
- 1 year mandatory internship
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
NOTE: The most common entrance for the dental surgery course is AICET BDS. Other than this exam, there are exams like NEET, MU OET, DUMET, AIPMT and COMEDK.
- Human Anatomy
- Embryology & Histology
- Oral Surgeon
- Maxillofacial Pathologist
- Private Dental Clinics
- Pharmaceutical Companies
There is a rising demand for dental surgery in areas like research institutes, private practice, dental product manufacturers, dental clinics, hospital, pharmaceutical companies, educational institutes and dental equipment manufacturer.
Top 5 Colleges for Dental Surgery Course in India –
- Government Dental College, Bangalore
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
- Saraswati Dental College, Lucknow
- Dr. R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, Kolkata
Top 5 Colleges for Dental Surgery Course Abroad –
- University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- University of Michigan, US
- King’s College London, UK
- Harvard University, US
- University of Otago, New Zealand
Salary of a Dentist:-
The initial salary of a dentist may be 2,50,000(INR), monthly. If one owns a private dental clinic then it may increase/decrease depending upon the locality.