There can be nothing more creative than this field of education i.e., urban and regional planning. Utilisation of land, water & other resources in an optimum manner & creating a well defined plan for an excellent infastructure and public service needs is what included in urban & regional planning.
Tasks of an Urban & Regional Planner :-
- Use of population and economic growth projections for allocation of resources.
- Anticipating infrastructure and public service needs.
- Addressing issues related to natural resources, urban sprawl and gentrification.
- Transportation planning, economic development planning, coastal management, public policy, historic preservation all are included in urban and regional planning.
Career Options :-
Students should give it a thought to make this wonderful opportunity as a career because in terms of scope it has a vast one, as, there are many countries in this world, which are still at developing stage like Argentina, India, Bangladesh, Kenya, Libya and so on, making consitent efforts to jump into the the category of developed countries. So, there is a 100% need for Urban & Regional Planners. However, it is also regarded as a small contribution to the society and country. So, follow the content below ..
- Urban Planner
- Regional Planner
- Urban Designer
- Transportation Planner
- City Planner
- 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 50% marks along with compulsory subject – Mathematics
- NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) with the 80% marks
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Masters in Urban and Regional Planning
Also Check: Career in Architecture 2017
Masters in Urban and Regional Planning is designed to teach students a variety of subjects and skills that will prepare them to hold high-ranking positions on urban and regional planning committees. Students will study the core subjects that focus on the theory and history of planning, analytical methods, dynamics of metropolitan development, and plan implementation. Students can customize their education in order to further specialize in fields such as transportation, environment, community development, land use, and economic development.
Some On-Going Development Projects in India :-
Mumbai–Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor
Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project (DMIC)
- Smart Cities Mission
- GIFT City
- National Highways Development Project