One of the most creative courses we have right now is ‘Interior Designing’. The perfect platform to showcase your passion, your interest, your thinking. It transforms your theoretical ideas into practical pictures. It depicts what kind of a personality you should carry in this particular field.
What is Interior Designing ?
Interior designing is decorating the interior spaces of residential/commercial places. In other words, you need to have creative ideas before/while pursuing interior designing.
Creative set of ideas should cover following aspects :
How an Architect is different from Interior Designer ?
An architect is a person who designs buildings, or other structures, or who prepare plans and supervise construction projects. On the other hand, an interior designer is a person who decorates those beautiful structures coping with the components covered under creative set of ideas (above).
However, interior designing is not only limited to a particular area i.e., interior, exterior parts like gardens, compound, corridors, etc. are also included. But the term usually refers solely to the interior design.
Areas covered under Interior Designing :-
- Planning – Like space planning, cost structure, safety measures, etc.
- Research – Taking surveys, training, internships, etc.
- Contacts – Furniture dealers, labor contractors, site owners, and so on.
- Execution – Developed plans, creative ideas.
Career in Interior Designing :-
Making interior designing a full fledged profession is a very good option nowadays. This rising opportunity will help many students to explore within their minds and extract aesthetic ideas.
Full Time Courses (Bachelor of Interior Design, B.Sc. Interior Design) :
- Duration – 3-4 years (depending upon universities)
- Fees – 4 Lakhs(INR) approx.
- Eligibility – 10+2 (Science)
Diploma Courses :
- Duration – 1 year
- Fees – 1 Lakh(INR) approx.
- Eligibility – 10+2 (min. 50%)
Top 10 Universities/Institutes for Interior Designing in India :-
- Pearl Academy – Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- CEPT University, Gujarat
- Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Symbiosis Center of Media and Communication, Pune
- J.J School of Arts, Mumbai
- College of Architecture, Nashik
- Sai School of Interior Design, New Delhi
Top Universities/Institutes for Interior Designing Abroad :-
- New York School of Interior Design, New York
- The Interior Design School, London
- Harrington College of Design, Chicago
- Dublin Institute of Design, Dublin
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Edinburgh College of Art, UK
- Florence Design Academy, Italy
- University of California, Los Angeles
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Bellevue College, Bellevue
Expected Salary :-