Necessary documents required for proof of adulthood or citizenship of the country:
1. LICENSE :
Residence Proof :
Attested by Gazette officer/ Notary copy of any of the following:
- Ration card with affidavit
- Electricity/Tel. Bill/House Tax receipts/ Pass Book of National bank with affidavit
- Life Insurance Policy
- Voter Identity card
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central/State or a local body with Identity Card
- The consent from biological parents can be treated as residence proof, if parents enclose their residence proof (For minor 16 to 18 year).
Age Proof :
Attested copies of any of the following:
- School Certificate (X Board)
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate from Central/State Govt. or a local body
You should have a valid learner licence.You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issue of learner licence. You should be conversant with the vehicle systems, driving, traffic rules and regulations.
Documents Required :
- Original valid learner licence with Online Appointment Confirmation Slip.
- Application in Form No.4
- One recent passport size photograph
- Form No.5 in case of commercial licence (for Renewal or Change of Address Services).
- A vehicle from the category in which you are applying for the licence.
- Your original licence in case of endorsements of categories.
Remember to bring your original documents along with the above.
Documents required for renewal of Driving Licence :
For Private Licence :
- Application in Form No.9
- 3 copies of your recent passport size photograph
- Driving licence
- Proof of age and residence
- Form No. 1
- Medical form No.1 A if age is more than 50 years.
For Commercial Licence :
- The above documents as used in Private Licence
- Medical form No.1 A in all cases
- Driver Refreshing Training Certificate in case of HMV
- Traffic Challan Clearance
Procedure to get a International Driving Permit (IDP) :
- Form 4 A and 1 A
- Valid Licence
- Address Proof
- Valid Passport and Visa in case of online visa the same may be attested/verified from embassy
- Rs. 500 fees for IDP
Procedure to get a Duplicate Licence :
- Application in Form LLD
- FIR of the lost licence
- Challan clearance report from Traffic Police (in case of Commercial licence renewal).
- Address Proof / Age Proof
- Form No.1/1 A with 2 photographs
Change of Address :
- Form 33
- Address Proof / Age Proof.
- Original Licence
TAMIL NADU: http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/driving.htm
WEST BENGAL: http://vahan.wb.nic.in/wb/