First of all, we will know about nutritionists & dieticians :
Nutritionist is a person who research on food & their nutritive value and advises people to have a healthy future ahead! Whereas, Dietician is a person who focuses on an individual’s diet & nutrition.
There are numerous programmes available at the graduate, post-graduate level, diploma, and correspondence level.
Career in Nutrition & Dietics :
- At graduation level – B.Sc in Home Science, Biochemistry, Botany, Physics, Zoology and Chemistry.
- At post-graduation level M.Sc should be done to gain more knowledge and attract great incentives.
The M.Sc Food and Nutrition allows you to specialise in one of these areas:
a) Therapeutic Nutrition
b) Public Health Nutrition
c) Food Science
- Subjects Covered – Biochemistry, Food Microbiology & Safety, Food Science and Quality Control, Advanced Human Nutrition, Physiology and Principles of Food Science
- Skills Required – Interest in Nutrition, speaking & writing skills, and research qualities.
Top Institutes For Nutrition And Dietics In India :
- Lady Irwin College, Delhi
- Institute of Home Economics, Delhi
- PSG College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore
- IHM, Pusa
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Apllied Nutrition, Mumbai
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai
Also Check : Best Colleges/Universities in India