Wanna have a good first impression? Before going in for a conversation with the other person or meeting for the very first time, we always think, will they gonna like me?, am I looking great today?, do I bear a good moral character?, have he/she noticed me so far?, and so on.
Top 10 Techniques to have a Good First Impression –
- Your handshake must speak your presence to have a good first impression. Handshake must be polite and gentle. Don’t try to grip the other’s hands tightly as it may have a bad impact on him/her. And remember don’t shake for too long, nearly 3-4 seconds.
- Try to make an eye contact with the other person nearly 45% in the total communication. An eye contact should not be confused with staring. Make sure it is comfortable to the other person. It shows your interest in that particular communication.
- Body language speaks it all. Don’t shy & don’t lose your eye contact. Never hide yourself. If you don’t have any idea about the matter still, be confident. Your posture must be good and should depict your personality.
- Smell beautiful. If you are sweating don’t try to get close to the other person, it may have a very bad impact and break the communication process. Otherwise, always wear and keep a deodorant/perfume in your bag. It feels comfortable & nice all the time and let you have a good first impression. Never use overpowering odor, as it depicts you are not very smart or you don’t know the fashion or you are not up-to-date.
- Dress smart. No particular clothes are required but, make sure it looks smart and somewhat, gentle.
- Try to listen to the other people first, what they actually gonna talk about, understand it and then reply. It shows that you are showing interest in them. You may not like it but it allows you to have a good first impression. It also built trust and next time they surely gonna look for you whenever they have a matter to discuss on.