Fashion, trends, lifestyle, limelight, fame – these words are ruling the minds of youngsters around the world! Staying up-to-date & following trends has become a need of school & college going students. Searches like how to impress anyone?, how to overcome shyness?, etc. on google have been increased rapidly so far. So, can’t we look for a career in modelling & fashion industry? Of course, why not.
What is that first thing which comes in our mind when we begin to think about career in modelling? Walking on a ramp! True? Ramp walk is just a part of it, modelling is something else which can be defined as that glamorous opportunity by which one expresses herself/himself through her/his personality, which includes – physical features, awareness and creativity.
Nowadays, there is a cut-throat competition in this glamorous world. If you really want to continue further, then follow the content below ..
Career in Modelling & Fashion Industry –
We talked about three vital things(basic) above :-
- Physical Features/Measurements – skin tone, height, weight, eye-color, hair color
- Awareness/Mentality – fashion industry, behaviour, general knowledge
- Creativity/Innovative – verbal skills, talent, camera-friendly attitude, unique styling
We can move further, if you have these basic things, required to pursue career in modelling.
Also Check: Fashion Styling – A New Career Opportunity!
Become a Model – Step By Step :
- Become fit – physically as well as emotionally.
- Get your portfolio shoot done with a reputed fashion photographer.
- The portfolio can then be shown to an advertising agency, a model co-ordinating agency providing suitable models according to requirements. Or,
- Apply for the contests at college level sponsored by magazines, cloth manufactures, cosmetic companies, etc.
- Also participate in beauty pageants.
- References helps you a lot! Try to build relationships/network with other professional models as it will give a boost to your career in modelling.
Freshers are advised to get associated with an agency, as it exposes you to work in a professional manner and at the same time you learn the minutes of the job and professionalism.Models should be tall, fashion industry criteria for best models are 5’7″ to 6′ or 6′ plus. For a man, height should be 6′ or 6′ plus and he should be muscular.
Initial investment in this industry costs you around lacs. But, once you develop all the necessary skills and bang on every opportunity, then you will be paid around 30,000 – 40,000(INR) per show.
There is no dearth of jobs in modelling these days. Hence, advertisements in magazines, T.V commercials, business promotional events, music videos pays you a handsome amount as well.