Want to become a dental surgeon? If yes, then this content will be very useful, as BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) is the only educational and professional program of dental surgery in India. And one owns the title of ‘Dr.’ after completion of BDS. However, scope of BDS is quite appreciable & acceptable all over the world. It may be regarded as an equivalent to MBBS, as, one always needs to get her/his teeth checked! Bachelor of Dental Surgery course, if done, would be beneficial for both, in terms of money as well as scope. Population is increasing day-by-day; hence, tooth problems will surely arise at a very rapid rate. In fact, job prospects are also good as compare to other career opportunities.
The dentist prevents diagnoses and cures to all dental and related diseases.
Want to Pursue Bachelor of Dental Surgery course??
Follow the content below ..
- 10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (50% marks)
- National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET)
- 4 year academic education
- 1 year mandatory internship
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Human Anatomy
- Embryology & Histology
- Oral Surgeon
- Maxillofacial Pathologist
Salary of a Dentist:-
The initial salary of a dentist may be 2,50,000(INR), monthly. If one owns a private dental clinic then it may increase/decrease depending upon the locality.
- Private Dental Clinics
- Pharmaceutical Companies
Top 5 Colleges for Bachelor of Dental Surgery course in India:-
- Government Dental College, Bangalore
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
- Saraswati Dental College, Lucknow
- R. Ahmed Dental College and Hospital, Kolkata
Top 5 Colleges for Bachelor of Dental Surgery course Abroad:-
- University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- University of Michigan, US
- King’s College London, UK
- Harvard University, US
- University of Otago, New Zealand
Health Tip (Wisdom Tooth Pain) – Try rinsing your mouth out with a bit of warm or tepid water with added salt. Two or three teaspoons of table salt is fine. The salt reduces swelling and has a cleansing effect, and the water can help to remove any food particles.