‘Welcome to the world of electronics & technology’ – this sentence sounds really interesting.. So, now we going to talk about space, aircrafts, future, avionics engineering, etc. and will try to find an opportunity to have a blast career ahead!
Have you heard the term ‘Avionics’ before? Avionics is typical technical term used to define the electronics systems used on aircraft, artificial satellites, and spacecraft. One, having a super interest in electronics and gadgets should pursue this field of career. Let’s talk about it’s requirements ..
Avionics : Career –
Before moving further, one should not get confused between the two following terms i.e.,
- Aerospace Engineering
- Avionics Engineering
Aerospace Engineering means designing & builing the structure of aircrafts whereas, Avionics Engineering means focussing on the electronic systems to be used in such aircrafts i.e., the way it communicates with basecamp, monitors fuel systems and reports on altitudes, temperatures and pressures.
We have surrounded ourselves with lots of gadgets and electronic items, and somehow we also enjoy playing with it! Then why can’t we develop it into a career?
- XII passed with min 75% marks (PCM)
- B.Tech in Avionics Engineering – 4 Year
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Examination
- M.Tech in Avionics – 2 Year
Skills required to pursue this course may be analyzing skills, good with technology, mathematical skills and of course, keen interest in electronics.
Top Colleges Around the World for Avionics Engineering :-
- Indian Institute for Space Science & Technology, India
- Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology, US
- Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology, US
- University of Cambridge, UK
- Monash University, Australia
- University of Toronto, Canada
- FH Aachen, Germany
- Indian Institute of Technology, India
Also Check: Most Demanding Tech Courses in 2017
Job Prospects : Avionics Engineering –
- Avionics Engineer
- Avionics Embedded Software Engineer
- Thermal Design Engineers
- Aircraft Production Manager
- Mechanical Designers
Opportunities are open for students in top Aviation companies around the globe like Indian Air Force, NASA, ISRO etc.
Initial salary of an Avionics Engineer is approximately 30,000(INR). However, if you are graduated from the above top colleges may get a handsome package of 12-14 lacs per annum.