Agricultural Science is that field of Biology which deals with every activity, done, to produce primary products. It also studies the facts and resources available in nature which can provide an aid to these activities. However, if you are looking for a career in Agricultural Science, then follow the content below..
Career in Agricultural Science:-
Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics underpin this major, with a choice of specializations in Agricultural Science, Crop Science and Animal Production. India, despite being an agricultural country, fails to attract youngsters in the field of Agricultural Science. But, the truth is, Economists in India have pointed out that agriculture is four times more effective than other sectors in reducing poverty. It can even be a gold mine for young entrepreneurs.
Some Common Terms Used in Agricultural Science:-
- Agronomy: It is the science and technology of producing and using plantsfor food, fuel, fiber, and land reclamation.
- Horticulture: It is the art or practice of garden cultivation and management.
- Entomology: It is the branch of zoology concerned with the study of insects.
- Plant Pathology: It is the scientific study of diseases in plants caused by pathogens (infectious organisms) and environmental conditions.
- XII Passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics
- B.Sc. in Agriculture (4-yearly UG Course)
- M.Sc. in Agriculture (2-yearly PG Course)
Top Universities for Agricultural Science around the World:
- University of Agricultural Sciences, India
- The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Cornell University, US
- Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, India
- Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Aberystwyth University, UK
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, India
- Michigan State University, US
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
Also Check: LAW Courses have Higher Scope in Coming Future!
Scope of Agricultural Science:
Agricultural Science has a wide scope in coming future as every sector of economy depends on the primary sector i.e., agricultural. Concern about health & nutrition is increasing in people. Everybody wants to live & lead a healthy life. Hence, there should be someone who can take care of health as health is the ultimate wealth. Every individual works on & for food. We believe that youngsters can change the face of agriculture by developing innovative ideas and further technologies, which would help the coming generations to live freely.
Job Prospects & Income in Agricultural Science:
Students can be appointed as Research Officer, Quality Assurance Officer, Agriculture Officer, Agriculture Loan Officer (in Banks), Production Manager, Operations Manager and Farm Manager with State agriculture departments. The average starting salary of these officers is approximately 40,000(INR) monthly.